If you are having issues with your headsets having "static" or "feed back" one of the things you may need to do is perform what is known as a Hard reset To do this follow these steps.
1. On the front of your of your base in the bottom corners there will be a screw holding the front cover on. Loosen these and pop the front off the front of the base.
2. Once you have the front of your base removed you will need to find the power cable for your base. It will be located on the right side of the keypad. The power cable will be the only round plug, plugging into the right of your base.
3.Unplug the power cable wait a total of 15 seconds before plugging the power cable back into the base.
4. Verify that the problems have been resolved if so replace the front cover and tighten the screws in the bottom corners.
If you continue to have problems either check this page for more trouble shooting tips or call CSI of Oklahoma for further assistance at 877-266-1785.
When you get a headset from repair, you will need to program it to your base. Make sure you have the headset and a battery but, keep the headset turned off for now.
1. On your base press 1 2 3 4 Then press the Mode (Exit) Button Once you press the Mode button you will hear a beep and the screen should look like the picture below
2. Now press the Mode button again. The screen will say "OPTIONAL TIMER NOT INSTALLED PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL 3M SALES REPRESENTIATIVE" the screen will look like the picture below.
3. Press the Mode and screen will change to either a screen saying you do not have a Greeter Module installed or one similar to the screen as shown in the picture below. Press the Mode button to get to the System Menu screen
4. You will now see a screen simular to the one below. Press 4 followed by the Enter Button
5. You should now see "REGISTRATION" On the screen as shown in the picture below. Press 1 button followed by the Enter button.
6.The screen should now look simular to the picture below. Put a charged battery in the XT-1 Headset and turn the headset on. The LED above the keypad will change different colors. When the programming process is complete. Press the Mode button until you see the main screen.
If you have issues please refer to other times on this guide or call CSI of Oklahoma at 877-266-1785 for further assistance
Like most other systems your 3m XT-1 base can have so many headsets programmed to it at one time. One thing to keep in mind is everytime you send a headset in for repair you will need to program that headset when it comes back to your store. Eventually you will need to clear the headsets that are not in use from your base. To do so Follow these steps.
1. On your keypad press 1 2 3 4 followed by the Mode button. If you have entered in the passcode correctly you should hear a beep and the screen will look like the picture bleow.
2. Now press the Mode button once and you will see a screen similar to the one pictured below.
3. Now press the Mode button again. When you do you will see a picture similar to the one below. If you have a greeter module in your 3m XT-1 base you will see a greet window If you do not have a greeter module in your base you will see where the screen is telling you to contact your local 3M dealer. Either way press the Mode button to get to the main menu.
4. Now you should see the Main menu as shown below. Now press 4 followed by the Enter button. Or use the Arrow keys on the bottom left to select Registration Menu.
5. Now you should see the Registration menu which is shown in the picture below. You can either press 2 and then the Enter button, or press the Down arrow and then enter
6. Now you will see the menu to Remove Registered Headsets as shown in the picture below. Using the Arrow keys select the headset and press the Enter key to delete it from the registry.
WARNING: You may erase existing headsets that are in use. Meaning you may need to re program them to your base. We at CSI of Oklahoma usually suggest clearing your base of headsets when you have down time As always if you run into issues removing headsets from your base call CSI of Oklahoma at 877-266-1785.